stadia.gr/forum Forum Index stadia.gr/forum
Εδώ μιλάμε για τα πάντα. Από Καλατράβα μέχρι… Καλομοίρα!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new Panathinaikos stadium
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: The new Panathinaikos stadium Reply with quote

You may discuss here anything regarding the new stadium of Panathinaikos. See also the relevant thread from the old forum: http://stadia.proboards16.com/index.cgi?board=engstadia&action=display&num=1067156747.
Detroit7
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: - Reply with quote

------------
gocaps75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! no one cares about P.A.O.! GATE 7 OLYMPIAKOS SOON TO BECOME 8 TIME GREEK CHAMPS !!
gocaps75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 TIMES IN A ROW I MEAN!

But seriously. Will they be tearing down the old Leoforos at the end of this season ? When they do where will they play ?
Reaper the pure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one seems to give a damn about this stadium..do they even have a confirmed site? Don't think they will get one till the Olympics are over... Rolling Eyes Smile
UWG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that the new government is more sympathetic to Panathinaikos and will probably help them locate a site and provide them with some of the money. I still don’t understand why the government has to help Panathinaikos to find a suitable site and help them build their stadium. If the owner of the team was serious about building this stadium he would have gotten his shit together and done it just like Kokalis did. Panathinaikos is a big club with a lot of financial backing and if they really wanted to they could have had a new stadium by now.
Reaper the pure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that they still have shum as a manager just goes to show that their spending habits are as tight as a rats arse. Wink
apollon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gocaps75 wrote:
haha! no one cares about P.A.O.! GATE 7 OLYMPIAKOS SOON TO BECOME 8 TIME GREEK CHAMPS !!

Don't be so sure. You never know who can be the champ at soccer.
________
Spice Weed

Last edited by apollon on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
UWG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper the pure wrote:
their spending habits are as tight as a rats arse.

Unfortunately though in order to make money they have to spend it first...soccer clubs are businesses not charities and Panathinaikos needs to realize that.
exitmusician

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UWG wrote:
Panathinaikos is a big club with a lot of financial backing and if they really wanted to they could have had a new stadium by now.

They could have a new stadium by now but there was no coordinated action from their side. However, the limitations, obstacles and endless procrastination by the state have become suspicious, at the least. So, it's not only an issue of a tight spending policy or having Shum as a coach, but also an issue of whether the state really wants to allow Panathinaikos to build a new stadium.

As for Karaiskaki, IMO, Kokkalis found the Greek Olympic Committee in a deadlock and could easily "manipulate" them into getting what he wanted. If he hadn't proposed the rebuilding of Karaiskaki, it would probably have been abandoned. Perhaps you are also not aware that Olympiakos had plans to build a 100.000-seat stadium at Rendis (where their training camp now exists) since the 1970s.

This is not to underestimate Kokkalis at any way. But it's not fair for Panathinaikos to compare two dissimilar cases.
UWG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you are saying but, I just don’t see why the government would not want Panathinaikos or any other soccer club in Greece to build themselves a new stadium provided they had the money to do it. From what I have understood so far there has been a problem with the Leoforos proposal because there are too many residential building around the existing stadium and the space is extremely tight.....Also, I have heard from a number of Panathinaikos fans that another reason why construction of the new stadium has not started is because Panathinaikos is been stingy with their money trying to get the government to foot a good chunk of the money.....
exitmusician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, Panathinaikos has considered asking the state for a loan, which will of course be repaid. I think that this loan would be approximately 30% of the total cost of the Leoforos stadium, at about 20 million Euro. This is the only detailed plan that has ever come out regarding the financing of a new ground for Panathinaikos. Everything else was just ideas, thoughts and, er, wishful thinking Rolling Eyes

Regarding the proposals, Leoforos was too difficult to be realised due to the dense residential area that surrounds it. The Goudi proposal currently crashes against the interests (or so they say) of the 4 municipalities that are adjacent to the proposed area, not against the interests of the Municipality of Athens and other authorities to which the area actually belongs! Finally, the considerations of Elaionas and Elliniko (at the site of the old airport) were scrapped by Panathinaikos as being too far from the city centre, although at some point they had been presented as final (especially Elliniko, around summer of 2001).
UWG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx......that cleared up a lot of questions that I had regarding the new stadium....
pts22

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard theymay have a plan for a new stadium in Goudi. Is this true or not. If so any photos/ Rolling Eyes
UV40

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should just move in to the OAKA permanently. It's now too late to latch on to the Olympics deal. Razz
Pluche

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Tzigger is to anounce the location of the new stadium by the end of January. Will it be Goudi or Elliniko?
Pluche

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it (the new stadium) may not be either at Goudi or Elliniko !!!

Apparently the news is that the new stadium for Panathinailkos may be at Votaniko !!

Does anyone have any news regarding this? Because this news throws every speculation given over the last few years out the window !!
apari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votanikos is a different way to say Eleonas.
It is about the same area but in a different neighborhood. So this proposal isn’t something new. In fact this is the proposal of the municipality of Athens for more than 4 years now.
Everybody must understand that at the time speaking the new stadium is a matter of Panathinaikos and the Greek Government , and that no mayor can do anything about it whether they like it or not. Cool
Pluche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apari, thank you for the explanation. I guess we will all just have to wait & see which of the 2 locations is chosen by Panathinaikos.

I do have a question though..do you think the recent crowd violence between Panionios & Olympiakos will hinder the progress of not only Panathinaikos' new stadium but also AEK's aswell?

I ask this because as I understand it the councils surrounding both locations (Elliniko & Goudi) for Panathinaikos and Nea Filadelfia for AEK have either taken action (in AEK's case) or are threatening to take legal action (in Panathinaikos' case) against the proposed stradiums.
exitmusician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't think so, although no-one can ever be sure about the mindstate of those governing sport in Greece. What happened at Panionios may provide an extra argument to those initially opposed to Panathinaikos and AEK constructing new stadia, but the heavy penatlies imposed on both clubs may very well serve as a counter-argument supporting the ensurance of safety at football matches.

Regarding the Votanikos-Goudi dilemma, I don't think that Votanikos was ever proposed or even considered as a viable solution. IMO it was probably some kind of informal discussion which was then magnified by the press to such an extent that it is now considered as a second equally favorable solution to Goudi. I don't think it stands.
guest star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the last days I've read a lot about the measures of the 3 proposed areas of the new Panathinaikos stadium (i.e. 120,000 sq meters in Votanikos).
I'm wondering if anyone in the forum knows the measure of the area that the Karaiskaki stadium occupies.
I think that this information will help us to understand what it can be built in each one of the 3 proposed areas.
guest star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody gave an answer to my previous question. Anyway...
If you are more interested about the proposed area in Votanikos you can have a closer look to these two maps. The location of the stadium will be on Agiou Polycarpou Street.

http://www.cityofathens.gr/files/Images/050.jpg
http://www.cityofathens.gr/files/pdf/Dimotika_Diamerismata_maps/dimotiko_diamerisma_3.pdf
Admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest star wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone in the forum knows the measure of the area that the Karaiskaki stadium occupies.

Karaiskaki Stadium occupies approximately 75,000 sq.m.
Pluche

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Votaniko area or Eleonas (depending on who you talk to) has become the favoured location for the Panathiniakos "family". This location seems to me to be the most logical from all aspects including location, accessibility, trading opportunity and size of stadium.

I do have a question though?

Would the basketball stadium also be built in this area (Votaniko) ?

Or is the basketball stadium a different matter altogether ?
Nikolas
Stadium Expert
Stadium Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panathinaikos Family wants not only a football stadium but also an athletic center to be built in Votaniko's area.
So there is a strong possibility to build also a new Indoor Arena for Basketball and Voleyball. Razz
Thiw would be fantastic and ideal!! Razz
Imagine...
Panathinaikos Stadium Arrow 50.000 capacity
Panathinaikos Indoor Arena Arrow 10.000 capacity
+ cafeterias,shopping centre,cinemas... Shocked Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: